Digital Downloads FAQs
- What are the system requirements for this music service?
- What is the quality of the files?
- What software players can I use to play and arrange this music on a computer?
- Can I get my files any time?
- My files don't play properly, or don't play to the end. What do I do?
- Can I download multiple copies of my purchased songs?
- Will these downloads work with my iPod?
- Apart from iPod, what other portable players will these downloads work with?
- What will appear on my credit/debit card bill?
This service works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- PC requirements: Windows 98 or above.
- Mac requirements: Mac OSX.
- A compatible software audio player is required (see below).
Our files are encoded as245k average VBR mp3 (LAME --preset extreme), 320k CBR mp3 (LAME -b 320 --cbr) or .The mp3 encode is virtually indistinguishable from CD-quality audio. The 320k CBR mp3 encode is superior in sound quality to the 245k VBR mp3 encode.
Examples of compatible software players for mp3 include:
We guarantee that the files will be available to download for thirty days after the date of purchase. You can collect your files immediately after completing the checkout process by following the link to the download area, or you can use the link in the email we send you to access the download area at another time within the 30 day period. However it is possible that at times of very heavy demand or in case of exceptional technical problems you may be requested NOT to collect your file(s) immediately.
Keep trying! If you didn't experience any error messages during download, then your files should be fine, and any playback problems will be to do with your own player. Check the file size on your player, and compare them with the file sizes given on the website. If they match, then the songs have downloaded properly and there is probably a problem with your player. As a last resort, contact and we will sort it out for you.
You can download a second copy of the files to a second computer/storage device OF YOURS. We guarantee that a second copy will be available to you for up to thirty days after the date of purchase.
Your iPod is compatible with both mp3 and AAC.
There are many portable music players available on the market, if your doesn't support the shops encodings you can use a software converter such as:
Both of these are completely free.
Your bill should show a transaction labelled "state51/Internet" on the date you purchased your download(s).